Friday, September 2, 2011

Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek in 54
Photo courtesy of http://www.salma-hayek.net/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-54

A very happy 45th birthday to Salma Heyek!  My question is, what made her want to do 54?  Is it just because she wanted to sing and “dance” in a movie?  If that’s the case, I guess she picked the right movie for that…  Her “dance” scene was my favorite scene in the movie.  She was trying to teach disco to some lame kids who wanted to dance if they ever got into Studio 54.  I’m going to go out on a limb here, and say that that never happened for them…  She can do some comedy, which I had no idea.  And I also had no idea that she could sing!  The only problem was, with her having an opera singer for a mother, you would think that she could sing a little better…  Granted in the movie we only heard her sing for a little while.  I mean she was good, don’t get me wrong, but lets just say she isn’t going to win American Idol any time soon… And with that, I raise my lighter to light the candles on Salma’s birthday cake.

 And for those of you bold enough to watch this movie for yourselves or are just curious about what it was about, it was the rise and fall of a young employee of Studio 54 who was our narrator.  This film was rated R for sex and drug use.

I give it 1½ cakes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment