Friday, September 23, 2011

Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney (left) and Art Aragon in Off Limits
Photo courtesy of http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78351&start=34100 
Happy 91st birthday to Mickey Rooney.  I love me some Mickey Rooney.  I just want to go pinch his chubby little cheeks.

Everyone knows Rooney from his movies with Judy Garland and the Andrew Hardy films, and those are all great don't get me wrong, but I wanted to see just how great his comedy really was, so I picked the movie  Off Limits.  I felt that this movie would really put his comedic talents to the test because he is starring with one of the comedy greats, Bob Hope.

On with the movie.  I guess I should have known that you can't have a Mickey Rooney movie without some kind of singing.  This one is no exception.  He and Hope sang an interesting song about being a MP.  Other than on the singing front, Rooney can't keep up with Hope.  I don't know if it is just the writing or if it's the acting, but Rooney and Hope aren't in the same league of comedy.
And with that, I raise my lighter to light the candles on Mickey's birthday cake. 

I give this movie 2 cakes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment