Friday, November 25, 2011

Ricardo Montalban

Ricardo Montalban (left) and Pricilla Presley
Photo courtesy of http://www.flixster.com/photos/ricardo-montalban-the-naked-gun-from-the-files-of-police-squad-ricardo-montalban-as-vincent-ludwig-in-the-naked-gun-from-the-files-of-police-squad-11338651


Happy birthday to Ricardo Gonzalo Pedro Montalbán y Merino, or more commonly known as Ricardo Montalban. He would have turned 91 today.  He sadly passed away in early 2009 from congestive heart failure at the age of 88.  Montalban is probably best known for the TV show Fantasy Island.  I chose to watch his movie The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! from 1988.  One thing to note about this movie is that it is a spoof movie on the TV show Police Squad.


On with the movie.  I personally love this movie, mainly because I like spoof movies and I love Leslie Nielsen.  This movie is funny in that corny, 80's comedy kind of way.  The humor in this movie would not have been possible without the amazing cast, which includes Leslie Nielsen, Pricilla Presley, and O.J. Simpson.  Montalban plays the bad guy in this movie, but in a funnyish kind of way.  I haven't seen any of his other movies or shows so I only know him as this role, and he does a good job at it.  And with that, I raise my lighter to light the candles on Ricardo's cake.


I give this movie 3 cakes out of 5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment